There is a gift that is available for each and everyone of us. That gift can be accessed whenever and wherever needed. It is the gift of pausing. If you find yourself overwhelmed, stressed, "cafuffled" (my son's word), anxious, thoughts racing, just plain exhausted or stuck in a puddle of FUDS (fear, uncertainty, doubt, or shame).
DO THIS.... Stop, Drop and P.A.U.S.E.
P - Practice
What daily practices (Examples are my daily walk or things like flossing teeth) are essential for you to be and feel your best? (Big or small. It’s the following through that matters).
A - Awareness
- What do I need at this moment?
- What is fulfilling and what is depleting my energy/focus/time/energy?
- How am I talking to myself? Showing myself compassion?
- What feeds my heart/mind/body/soul?
- Practice being present with yourself in some way every day.
U - Unplug
- Create opportunities to tune into yourself before you tune out (mind numbing distractions such as television, video games, music, etc).
- What "sacred space" can I cultivate in my life? What does that look like or mean for me?
- Journaling for gratitude and/or peace (use a timer about anything that is on your heart and mind before your feet hit the floor).
- Being in nature.
- Meditation (guided, sleep or a sitting practice...other types?)
S - Strengthen Support Systems
- Who are my support people?
- What does support look like for me?
- How do I support myself?
- What/Who feels unsupportive in my life?
E - Enjoy
- Where does joy live in this moment?
- What I focus on expands....look for joy in each day, situation, challenge - you will find it.
- Life is happening for you, not to you!
- Let joy lead your choices and actions.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Master Cerfified Coach
Lerae founded Soul Designs Coaching Company in 1999 during the time she was a student at Coach U. Soul Designs has become an international coaching company promoting positive sustainable change through individual coaching, online courses and retreats. Soul Designs specializes in the areas of personal, leadership and mentor coaching. Lerae, the company founder, attained her Master Certified Coach designation in 2006 and has been on faculty with Coach U since 2000. The idea that the quality of our relationships equals the quality of the results we can achieve is the philosophical underpinning for Lerae's coaching, training and her company methodologies. Lerae is convinced that there is latent potential within everyone and this potential can be harnessed by improving our relationships. Lerae lives and operates her coaching company from her "happy place", Scotch Creek, BC, Canada. She lives on North Shuswap Lake with her husband, two delightful kids and their beloved Bernese Mtn dog, Lola.