Core Essentials Program (CEP) and Core Essentials Fast Track Program (CEFTP) Graduation Requirements
Download a helpful graduation checklist.
CEP Graduation Checklist
CEFTP Graduation Checklist
To achieve the Core Essentials Graduate (CEG) designation, each student must:
1. Complete 77 hours of coursework:
For CEP students:
77 course hours including
CE-101: Coach U 101, CE-110: New Coach's Orientation, CE-115 Coaching Ethics, CE-120: Guiding Principles, CE-130: Context for Coaching, CE-140 Coaching Mindset, CE- 210: Listening, CE-212: Language, CE-214: Questioning, CE-218: Messaging, CE-220: Acknowledging, CE-225: Core Skills Practicum, CE-315: Application Practicum, CE-320: Establishing Yourself As a Coach, CE-415 Building Your Personal Foundation (formerly CE-410)
For CEFTP students:
77 course hours including
CEFTP-2: Face-to-Face session (which includes CE-110: New Coach's Orientation, CE-115 Coaching Ethics, CE-120: Guiding Principles, CE-130: Context for Coaching, CE-140 Coaching Mindset, CE- 210: Listening, CE-212: Language, CE-214: Questioning, CE-218: Messaging, CE-220: Acknowledging, CE-315: Application Practicum, CE-320: Establishing Yourself As a Coach, CE-415 Building Your Personal Foundation (formerly CE-410)
CEFTP-3: Follow-up Online Course
Additional Course: Online Practicum CE-225 Core Skills Practicum or retake CE-315 Application Practicum
2. Complete and pass the individual course tests and the CEP Final Exam (see info regarding Final Exam below in "Graduation Processing")
3. Complete and log a minimum of 20 client coaching hours (minimum of 3 different clients)
4. Agree to uphold ICF's Code of Ethics
5. Complete all these requirements within the 15-month timeframe for CEP students, and 6-month timeframe for CEFTP students (see Graduation Deadline below).
For CEP students: complete all graduation requirements within 15 months of enrollment date
For CEFTP students: complete all graduation requirements within 6 months of the LAST day of CEFTP-3 Follow up Teleclass
* If the deadline is not met, students may continue their graduation progress by setting up extension fees of $129.00 USD per month until requirements are complete.
Please complete the graduation application below. Once submitted, you will be enrolled into the CEP/CEFTP Graduation Course where you will complete the final steps to graduation such as completing the Final Exam.
**The online, multiple choice final CEP exam has approximately 125 questions, all covering the core material in the program. You must have 80% on the exam to pass. There is no time limit, and you may retake as many times to obtain this score.
PURSUING ICF CERTIFICATION
Graduation from the Core Essentials Program (CEP) or Core Essentials Fast Track Program (CEFTP) fulfills the course-hour portion of requirements toward applying with the International Coach Federation (ICF) for the ACC Level credential using the ACSTH (Accredited Coach Specific Training Hours) application. Additional requirements must be met, see www.coachfederation.org for details.